Permanent Residency Visas (PR)
Permanent Residency Visas allow you to remain in Australia indefinitely. Over the past few years, Australia has accepted more than 100,000 migrants a year.
Some benefits of Permanent Residency in Australia are:
- You have the same rights as Australian citizens (except the rights to vote, be eligible for election to public office or employment in most public service positions);
- You have the same access to the Australian public medical insurance, Medicare;
- Unrestricted working rights for you, your partner, and your family;
- You can access social security benefits (after two years of residency migration in most cases);
- Your children can access the excellent public school system;
- You can buy established real estate;
- You may establish a business;
- You have freedom to choose your occupation; and
- You become eligible to sponsor others for a visa.